You might not think the skills you’re developing at school have any real value.
Today on the podcast we’ll chat about how you can start a freelance writing career in order to make some cash on the side and possibly even transition into a well-paying career. We bring in an expert in the field – Mrs. Miranda Marquit – to let us know what it takes to make it in the world of professional written communication.
Miranda is one of the most prolific writers of any kind that I have ever seen. The quantity and quality of the work she consistently puts out has made her a sought after employee all over the blogosphere. She has won numerous awards and accolades for her writing in the financial field, and you can find her at www.plantingmoneyseeds.com and www.mirandamarquit.com. Miranda is not only one of the best writers that I’ve found online, she is also one of the nicest people I’ve ever had the pleasure of befriending and truly enjoys helping people.In addition to the great tips Miranda gives out during the interview, you can get an overview of how she is able to do what she does when you read Miranda’s book, “Confessions of a Professional Blogger”. Available online at Amazon.com in paperback or ebook formats.
When you tune in this week you can hear us chat about:
- How does one get started in the freelance world?
- How do you leverage an online presence into making yourself known?
- How do you become a good writer, a writer people actually like to read.
- Do you have to write for peanuts when you start out?
- What did you do to get noticed?
- What is ghost writing and how do you make money at it?
- If you have great writing skills from taking a generalized course of study, how do you best transition those into a paid writing opportunity?
- Why the traditional path to journalistic success isn’t nearly as clear as it used to be.
Remember, as always, any comments, suggestions, thoughts, or witty insults are much appreciated. We love getting feedback from our listeners and want to continue to “give the people what they want”. Hit us up in the comments section, email us, or leave a message on our iTunes page. If you think you’ve got something valuable to share and want to come on the podcast, let us know that as well!
Till next time, More Beers More Cheers That’s it That’s All!